Benefits of A National Standard
What are the benefits of a national standard?
- A clear, consistent, and meaningful structure for recognizing achievement and rewarding excellence
- An objective way to value and promote the importance of music study across the country and empower teachers and students at all levels to celebrate excellence
- Ensurance of equality for all students, no matter where they are located
- Integrity of assessment through the constant review of adjudicators, processes, and materials
- Enhancement of the competitive edge and awareness of performance standards on the national level
How does a national standard benefit students and their families?
- A national standard represents an opportunity for students to measure their progress and achievements both individually and with their peers, which supports the continued pursuit of excellence.
- All students, regardless of location, are assessed according to the same guidelines and have access to the same resources for learning and preparation.
- Students advance based on their personal learning achievements, regardless of age or school grade.
- Families are assured that their children are taking part in a nationally recognized and fully supported program with continued opportunities for assessment and personal development.
- Families gain a clearer understanding of musical progress and achievement, and recognize opportunities for the personal growth of their children.
How does a national standard benefit teachers?
- A national standard supports a solid foundation for teaching and learning excellence through a nationwide series of assessments, a network of center representatives and fellow teachers, and innovative resources.
- Teachers have opportunities for professional growth through participation in workshops, online support and resources, and national networking.
- A national focus on high standards and achievement enhances the overall benefits of music study and validates the teacher-student-parent partnership.
A national standard empowers and unifies teachers across the country and provides them with a strong voice in the national dialogue on music education.
A national standard ensures the equality of all students, no matter where they are located.